SUNBURY, Pa., Sept. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Weis Markets, Inc. (NYSE:WMK) today announced Company President and CEO David J. Hepfinger has left the company to pursue other interests. Company Vice Chairman Jonathan H. Weis replaces him as interim CEO. Robert F. Weis remains as Company Chairman.
"We thank Dave for his service and contributions and wish him well in his future endeavors," said Mr. Weis.
Mr. Hepfinger has also resigned from the Company's Board of Directors. As part of the reorganization, Kurt Schertle, Executive Vice President, Sales and Merchandising will report directly to Mr. Weis who will also oversee the Company's Real Estate/Store Development, Finance and Human Resources' teams. Until the reorganization is complete, Mr. Schertle will take on additional responsibilities, overseeing Store Operations and its operations support team.About Weis Markets Founded in 1912, Weis Markets, Inc. is a Mid Atlantic food retailer operating 165 stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and West Virginia. For more information, please visit: WeisMarkets.com or Facebook.com/WeisMarkets. SOURCE Weis Markets, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV