When Monroe Lee, owner of KIA AutoSport, began design on a new KIA dealership in Columbus, Ga., he decided to investigate lighting solutions that delivered bright, high-quality light while helping to reduce energy consumption in one of the facility’s key areas: dealer lots.
Lee chose GE’s Evolve™ LED Area Lights for their reduced energy consumption, long rated life and sleek design. Sixty-nine 202-watt Evolve LED Area Lights were mounted on 30 25-foot poles, with a combination of one, two and four fixture mountings per pole. GE’s outdoor LED lighting fixtures at KIA AutoSport have a correlated color temperature (CCT) of 4000K and a color rendering index (CRI) of 70.
“Georgia Power completed installation of the GE lighting in July 2012, and I have been amazed at the difference in the lighting compared to my other dealerships,” Lee said. “The light is spread uniformly around the facility without the high and low spots you often see in parking lots.”By more efficient use of the light they produce, LED lighting is designed to deliver significant reductions in energy usage and maintenance costs when compared to traditional metal halide high intensity discharge (HID) fixtures and other technologies. “When compared to a similarly sized dealership that I built five years ago using metal halide fixtures, it appears I’m saving between 20-33 percent on energy costs as a result of the LED lighting,” Lee explained. “Plus, I have had no maintenance with the light fixtures since installation a year ago.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV