TheStreet's Jim Cramer told "Mad Money" Research Director Nicole Urken that the company failed to wow investors, as it only brought in one award for its original series, "House of Cards".
He added that "Arrested Development", which Netflix has committed $110 million to, needed to win, which it did not.
Overall, the stock price is lower on Monday and Cramer attributed it to the lackluster results from the award show.So should traders short the stock? According to Cramer, no. Netflix is considered a 'cult stock,' something he refers to as a stock that constantly gets bought, regardless of fundamentals and logic. He added that he would not be a buyer based on discipline and wouldn't be a seller, based on the fact that the stock could very well go higher. Video.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV