DALLAS, Sept. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the first current-sharing low-dropout (LDO) linear voltage regulators for harsh environments. The current-sharing feature of the 3-A TPS7H1101-SP and the 0.5-A TPS7H1201-HT allows designers to use two devices in parallel for twice the output current. The devices also offer excellent noise performance, as well as minimize thermal dissipation and increase power efficiency for optimal system reliability. For more information, see www.ti.com/tps7h1101-sp-pr.
The TPS7H1101-SP LDO is QML Class V-qualified up to 125 degrees C for harsh environments, such as high-reliability medical equipment, satellites and undersea cabling. The TPS7H1201-HT LDO is qualified up to 210 degrees C for high-temperature applications, such as downhole drilling.
- Double the current capability: Two TPS7H1101-SP LDOs used in parallel can output up to 6 A, while two TPS7H1201-HT LDOs can output up to 1 A. Sharing the current equally between the matching LDOs reduces stress on the components to meet higher current demands, and time between failures is reduced by half.
- Best-in-class thermal performance: Offers more than 80 percent better thermal performance than similar solutions offered today. The enhanced thermal packaging minimizes thermal temperature for higher reliability.
- Wide input voltage support: The 1.5-V to 7-V input allows voltage support for power rails below 3.3 V.
- Extremely low dropout: Low dropout of 75 mV at 1 A allows for minimal input-to output-voltage conversion for reduced power dissipation.
- Enhanced power supply and noise suppression: Very low output noise of 17 uVrms, coupled with a high power supply rejection ratio of 45 dB at 1 kHz, supports noise-sensitive applications, such as medical equipment and oil and gas exploration equipment.
- Download the TPS7H1101-SP or the TPS7H1201-HT datasheet.
- Explore TI's full portfolio of space applications and high-temperature integrated circuits (ICs) and related system block diagrams.
- Watch an Engineer It video for more information on how to design a high current low noise power supply for harsh environments.
- Watch a video to learn how to select an LDO for low-noise applications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV