Most analysts had expected Apple to sell about five million between its 5S and 5C iPhones. However, the company almost doubled that figure by selling nine million devices over the opening weekend.
Cramer said this is going to cause a lot of analysts to raise their estimates and upgrade the stock, and this could be the "launch pad" for a higher stock price. Apple is a holding in Cramer's charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS.
Cramer also said that while the current debt ceiling is set to expire on Sept. 30, don't expect the government to shut down when the new fiscal year begins Oct. 1. The government will keep going, he said, but that doesn't mean there won't be a market pullback. That's why AAP has been raising a lot of cash to be ready to buy, he said.-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV