PVR Partners (NYSE: PVR) shares currently have a dividend yield of 9.40%. PVR Partners, L.P. engages in the gathering and processing of natural gas; and management of coal and natural resource properties in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Eastern Midstream, Midcontinent Midstream, and Coal and Natural Resource Management. The average volume for PVR Partners has been 441,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. PVR Partners has a market cap of $2.2 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are down 9.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates PVR Partners as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and unimpressive growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $25.61 million or 9.08% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -15.63%.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has significantly decreased by 29.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $7.81 million to $5.51 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.49 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, PVR maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.98, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full PVR Partners Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts