3 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks To Check Out: BKCC, LRE, DSWL
LRR Energy (NYSE: LRE) shares currently have a dividend yield of 12.40%. LRR Energy, L.P., through its subsidiary, LRE Operating, LLC, engages in the acquisition, exploitation, development, and operation of oil and natural gas properties in North America. The average volume for LRR Energy has been 113,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. LRR Energy has a market cap of $304.3 million and is part of the energy industry. Shares are down 9.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates LRR Energy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income increased by 26.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $16.18 million to $20.52 million.
- The gross profit margin for LRR ENERGY LP is currently very high, coming in at 81.08%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 49.59% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- LRR ENERGY LP has improved earnings per share by 44.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LRR ENERGY LP reported lower earnings of $0.00 versus $2.42 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an increase in earnings to $1.07 from $0.00.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $17.26 million or 16.31% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, LRR ENERGY LP has marginally lower results.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, LRR ENERGY LP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full LRR Energy Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts