Trade-Ideas: Scientific Games Corporation (SGMS) Is Today's "Perilous Reversal" Stock
- SGMS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.5 million.
- SGMS has traded 69,567 shares today.
- SGMS is down 3.1% today.
- SGMS was up 6.7% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SGMS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SGMS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SGMS: Scientific Games Corporation provides gaming solutions to lottery and gaming organizations worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Printed Products, Lottery Systems, and Gaming. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Scientific Games Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Scientific Games Corporation has been 478,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Scientific Games has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 1.50 and a short float of 3.8% with 1.92 days to cover. Shares are up 80.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Scientific Games Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SGMS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SGMS's share price has jumped by 71.80%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- 43.26% is the gross profit margin for SCIENTIFIC GAMES CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of SGMS's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SGMS's net profit margin of -5.52% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry average. The net income has decreased by 3.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$12.59 million to -$12.98 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $46.80 million or 23.81% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Scientific Games Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.