JOHANNESBURG, Sept. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Atlatsa Resources Corporation ("Atlatsa" or the "Company") announces with deep regret that an employee lost his life in a fall of ground accident at Bokoni Platinum Mine's (Bokoni) Middelpunt Hill UG2 shaft section on Saturday, 21 September 2013.
The board of directors and management of the Company and Bokoni extend their condolences to both the family and colleagues of the deceased employee.
The South African Department of Mineral Resources (DMR) has completed its inspection and issued a section 54 safety stoppage notice for Middelpunt Hill UG2 shaft section.
Bokoni management has commenced a mine-wide audit on safety and health practices at all its operating shafts. The intention of the audit is to assess current risk levels and ensure adherence to mine safety standards.Further updates will be provided to the market in due course. Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release. The NYSE MKT LLC has neither approved nor disapproved the contents of this press release. SOURCE Atlatsa Resources Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV