SASSENHEIM, Netherlands, Sept. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sim-Industries, a Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] company, announced an agreement with Lufthansa Flight Training to provide a new Boeing 777-300 full flight simulator for the airline's pilot training center.
This marks the second flight training device agreement between Lufthansa Flight Training and Sim-Industries. Earlier this year, Sim-Industries qualified a B737 Flat Panel Trainer at Lufthansa Flight Training's Berlin training center.
"We are committed to providing the most reliable, cost-effective solutions in the market, and we are honored to welcome Lufthansa Flight Training as a customer for our 777 Level D simulator," said Jeff Wood, chief executive officer of Sim-Industries. "Lufthansa Flight Training is recognized as one of the industry's most discriminating customers, and their confidence further underscores the quality and reputation of the Sim-Industries product line."
Sim-Industries develops and manufactures full-motion and fixed-based civil aviation flight simulators for airline customers and independent pilot training centers worldwide. Sim-Industries recently extended its product line with Airbus A330 and Boeing 767, 777 and 787 simulators. The company was acquired by Lockheed Martin in 2011 and is based in Sassenheim, the Netherlands.Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 116,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration, and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products, and services. The Corporation's net sales for 2012 were $47.2 billion. For additional information about Sim-Industries, visit our website: http://www.sim-industries.com SOURCE Lockheed Martin
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV