Pier 1 Imports, Inc. (NYSE:PIR) announced today that Eric Hunter has joined as Executive Vice President – Marketing, with responsibility for Pier 1 Imports’ brand image and integrated marketing efforts.
“As we look to the future and continue the development of our omni-channel business – ‘1 Pier 1’, strategizing and effectively implementing the breadth and complexity of marketing activities is vital for our success,” said Alex Smith, Pier 1 Imports’ President & CEO. “Eric’s broad marketing experience in retail makes him well-equipped to take on this pivotal leadership position.”
Mr. Hunter brings more than 15 years of diverse marketing experience to Pier 1 Imports. Most recently, he served as Senior Vice President of Marketing and acting chief marketing officer for JCPenney Company, in Plano, Texas. While there, he led strategy, research, creative, media, customer relationship management and digital direction for the JCP enterprise brand and all JCP-owned brands. Previously, he served as Chief Marketing Officer & Group President with Kellwood Company, an affiliated portfolio company of Sun Capital Partners, Inc. that designs, manufactures and markets a growing collection of premier fashion brands. Prior to Kellwood, Mr. Hunter spent considerable time working in agency creative, with PMK/HBH/Momentum Worldwide, the promotional marketing arm of Interpublic’s McCann Worldgroup, and Creative Artists Agency.
Pier 1 Imports, Inc. is the original global importer of imported decorative home furnishings and gifts. Information about the Company is available on
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV