Trade-Ideas: Open Text Corporation (OTEX) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- OTEX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.2 million.
- OTEX has traded 84,955 shares today.
- OTEX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OTEX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OTEX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OTEX: Open Text Corporation engages in the design, development, marketing, and sale of enterprise information management software and solutions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. OTEX has a PE ratio of 29.1. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Open Text Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Open Text Corporation has been 207,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Open Text has a market cap of $4.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.42 and a short float of 19.1% with 74.05 days to cover. Shares are up 30.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Open Text Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- OTEX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 407.14% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 27.17% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, OTEX should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- OPEN TEXT CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, OPEN TEXT CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.52 versus $2.14 in the prior year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income increased by 429.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $7.97 million to $42.17 million.
- You can view the full Open Text Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV