This summer, millions of people were inspired to move and groove with Coca-Cola as part of its Get The Ball Rolling initiative. Today Coca-Cola has reached its goal to inspire 3 million Americans to rediscover the joy of being active in communities across the country since May.
“For Coca-Cola, inspiring moments of happiness is part of our heritage and our future. What’s more fun than families and friends delighting in the joy of being active?” said Stuart Kronauge, General Manager, Sparkling Beverages, Coca-Cola USA. “While we teamed up with communities across the country this summer to get people moving more, we’re far from done. We plan to continue using our unequaled reach to inspire healthy and happy living.”
The Company, with The Coca-Cola Foundation, inspired more than 3 million people to get their “fun” on. It helped make activities and sports gear available in communities across the country all summer long.
One of the Company’s efforts to keep the movement going includes the grand opening of a new Live Positively Fitness Center at Asbury Park Middle School in New Jersey. Together, Coca-Cola Americas President Steve Cahillane, Governor Chris Christie and fitness icon Jake Steinfeld showcased the facility today.Asbury Park’s Live Positively Fitness Center is equipped with strength training machines, cardiovascular gear and interactive exercise games customized for middle school students. It’s one of 100 such facilities that will open at schools around the country over five years. The fitness centers are expected to facilitate 5 million workouts. Center locations are focused on areas with high childhood obesity rates and areas that have few places for children to access state-of-the-art equipment. Participating schools are selected by the National Foundation for Governors’ Fitness Councils and the American College of Sports Medicine. Funding is provided through a grant from The Coca-Cola Company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV