HOPKINTON, Mass., Sept. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- EMC ® for the second consecutive year has been named the #1 storage vendor across all major enterprise applications including Oracle ®, Microsoft Exchange ® and SharePoint ® and SAP ®, in the IDC Storage Users Demand Study (SUDS), which analyzes current and future trends in end-user deployments of storage systems in support of top enterprise applications and various data types.
- The latest study ranked EMC #1 in revenue and storage capacity shipped across enterprise application segments including Oracle, Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint, SAP, as well as business and analytics, home directories, VDI and virtual server, and industry-specific applications.
- The IDC study found that in 2012 EMC shipped nearly 2X more terabytes than the next closest storage vendor in Oracle environments.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced it has been named the #1 storage solution shipped in 2012 for major enterprise applications in IDC's annual Storage User Demand Study. EMC was #1 in storage solutions deployed in Oracle environments for the second consecutive year, and in 2012 shipped nearly 2X more terabytes than the next closest storage vendor in Oracle environments.The study estimates how many terabytes of external storage systems were shipped in support of top enterprise applications and support of IT infrastructure and revenue of top storage systems suppliers associated with these shipments. EMC shipments ranked #1 for Oracle, Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint, SAP application environments as well as business intelligence and analytics, home directories, VDI and virtual server and industry-specific applications. EMC ® VNX ® and EMC VMAX ® are the leading storage systems in the IDC study among storage systems from NetApp, IBM, HP, Hitachi, Oracle, and Dell. The IDC study also estimates that just under half of all the external storage system capacity shipped in the first half of 2012 was in support of major enterprise application environments such as Oracle, Microsoft, and SAP, slightly under 40% of capacity was shipped for major segments of IT infrastructure support including home directories, virtual desktop and virtual server infrastructure, as well as content depot and public cloud environments, and the rest going to other data use cases.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts