HOUSTON, Sept. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Apache Corporation (NYSE, Nasdaq: APA) announced today several changes to its executive organization, effective Jan. 1, 2014.
"Apache is undergoing a transformation that will position the company for many years of predictable and profitable growth," said G. Steven Farris, chairman and chief executive officer. "Between 2010 and 2012, we took advantage of our balance sheet strength to expand the opportunity base in our North American regions, and Apache now has decades of drilling inventory. We are concentrating our effort around the most promising growth areas for the company. These organization updates strengthen our focus on delivering and supporting operational success."
- Rod Eichler , president and chief operating officer, will be transitioning to the newly created roles of executive advisor to the chairman of Apache and as the chief executive officer of Kitimat (LNG and upstream), where he will focus on oversight of Apache's liquefied natural gas business, Gas Monetization, and corporate Health, Safety, Environment and Emergency Response (HSEE).
- John Christmann , region vice president for the Permian, will assume the role of executive vice president and chief operating officer, North America.
- Tom Voytovich , executive vice president for International Operations, is taking on the role of executive vice president and chief operating officer, International.
- Mike Bahorich , executive vice president and chief technology officer, will take on additional responsibilities. He will maintain responsibility for exploration and production technology, and assume responsibility for Worldwide Projects, Horizontal Drilling and Completion Applications, Worldwide Drilling, Special Projects and Corporate Purchasing.
- Michael Bose , region vice president for Argentina, will transfer to Midland as the region vice president for the Permian Region. David Chi , manager of Argentina Production and Reservoir Engineering, will be interim region vice president for Argentina.
- Rob Johnston will serve as executive vice president and region vice president for the Central Region.
- Roger Plank continues in his role as president and chief corporate officer.
Farris noted that these appointments strengthen and broaden Apache's senior leadership. As a result of these organizational changes, the three-person Office of the Chief Executive will be discontinued.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV