By Mike Yamamoto, managing editor of OptionMonster
NEW YORK -- JB Hunt Transport Services (JBHT) has been range-bound for months, but traders are looking for it to break out.
OptionMonster's trade scanners detected the purchase of more than 3,000 November 75 calls for $2.60 to $2.84 on Friday, including one print of 2,678. This is clearly fresh buying, as open interest in the strike was just 90 contracts before the new trades appeared.
These calls lock in the price where the stock can be purchased, letting investors position for gains using much less money than buying shares directly. The options could generate significant leverage in a rally but will expire worthless if the stock doesn't move in the next two months.JB Hunt's shares rose 0.8% to $74.92 on Friday, despite the S&P 500 shedding more than half a percent in the session. The trucking company has traded mostly between $70 and $78 since April but is now back above its 50-day moving average. Third-quarter results are tentatively scheduled for release on Oct. 14. Trucking names pulled back a bit last week but have gained nearly 60% as a group this year. Total volume in the name was 28 times its daily average, with calls outnumbering puts by a bullish 70-to-1 ratio. Yamamoto has no positions in JBHT.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV