LONDON, Sept. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Accelrys, Inc. (NASDAQ: ACCL), a leading provider of scientific innovation lifecycle management solutions, today announced Accelrys Insight and Accelrys Insight for Excel, completing the roll-out of Accelrys' next-generation cheminformatics suite and providing an interactive, collaborative environment for rapid and effective decision-making in drug discovery. Accelrys Insight and Accelrys Insight for Excel offer research scientists an entirely new way of accessing, visualizing and analyzing data that is locked in disparate locations across internal discovery teams and networked external partners, helping to lower long-standing barriers to bringing innovative therapeutics to market faster and more cost effectively.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/62191-accelrys-insight-next-generation-decision-making-in-scientific-discovery
"Life sciences organizations today are struggling to bring innovative new drugs to market in part because discovery teams lack the ability to make informed and fast decisions about research projects. Data crucial to drug discovery is often locked in silos and inaccessible, forcing research teams to make decisions based on incomplete, inaccurate and often outdated information," said Accelrys President and CEO Max Carnecchia. "The launch of Accelrys Insight and Accelrys Insight for Excel raises the bar for scientific decision-making with a modern approach to drug discovery that helps streamline the scientific innovation lifecycle to enable more productive and more innovative drug development."With Accelrys Insight, researchers can conduct an end-to-end scientific decision support workflow in a simple and intuitive way across a collaborative scientific project team. Key capabilities include:
- Access to Public and Private Data – Research scientists can access partners' critical information in real time, both internally and externally, whether that data is web-based, stored in Accelrys software or that of another vendor. Insight also allows scientists to ask questions that cannot be answered by a single data source, minimizing data silos and ensuring that results produced by one group are immediately available to scientists in another department.
- Data Analysis – Automated and interactive visual analytics allows researchers to quickly unravel key actionable insights from data, enhancing the decision-making process. Computational experts can publish best practice analytic processes into Insight for automated execution, providing expertise without creating a bottleneck.
- Reporting – Scientists can quickly and accurately collate data into reports and presentations to summarize findings.
- Collaboration – Teams can collaborate on the collection, analysis and reporting of project data in real time, sharing knowledge that is critical to making informed decisions across the team. Scientists can load, analyze and visualize data and results and then create a team workspace accessible by colleagues and collaborators.
- Configuration and extensibility – Through Web user interfaces, Accelrys Insight can be customized to an individual scientist's preference. Developers also can extend Accelrys Insight through the Accelrys Enterprise Platform to provide specific scientific calculations, new visualizations and tailored reports.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV