PURCHASE, N.Y., Sept. 23, 2013 PepsiCo, Inc. (NYSE:PEP) today announced the appointment of Sanjeev Chadha to the position of Chief Executive Officer, Asia, Middle East and Africa (AMEA), effective immediately. In this role, Chadha will report to Chairman and CEO Indra K. Nooyi and oversee all aspects of PepsiCo's AMEA business. Chadha most recently served as President, PepsiCo Middle East and Africa.
Chadha is a 23-year veteran of PepsiCo and one of the company's most seasoned international leaders. He has worked in each of AMEA's key markets and has led multiple business functions, including marketing, sales, innovation, franchise and general management. Prior to his most recent role, Chadha held various other leadership positions across the region and has been instrumental in the strong growth of PepsiCo AMEA.
"Sanjeev is one of the most respected senior leaders in the PepsiCo family and he has a strong track record of success," said Nooyi. "His leadership, experience and deep knowledge of the business, the region and its people will help to continue to drive success in AMEA."Chadha holds a Masters (MBA) from Indian Institute of Management in Ahmedabad and an undergraduate degree from Hindu College, Delhi University. Chadha will be headquartered in PepsiCo's Dubai office. PepsiCo AMEA covers a geography comprising more than two-thirds of the world's population and 90 countries, including many of the world's fastest growing economies. PepsiCo's broad portfolio of foods and beverages in AMEA includes global brands such as Pepsi-Cola, Mirinda, Lay's, Doritos, Gatorade, Tropicana, Lipton, 7UP and Quaker, which enjoy leading positions in their categories in many markets, as well as such popular local brands as Smith's, Red Rock Deli and Chipsy snacks, Slice mango beverage, and Sting energy drink.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV