The Day After The Emmys, Save The Children Launches The REAL Awards
WESTPORT, Conn., Sept. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The day after honors were conferred to stars of the small screen, Save the Children and the Frontline Health Workers Coalition are launching the second annual REAL Awards, a unique global awards program designed to develop greater respect and appreciation for health workers and the lifesaving care they provide globally, as well as in the United States.
Starting today, the American public is encouraged to nominate an inspiring health worker in their own backyard from the following categories:
- Nurse Practitioner
- Hospice Worker
- Physician's Assistant
- Community Health Worker
- Public Health Officer
- General Health or Other
"Last night, many of us tuned in to see which of our favorite television personalities took home an Emmy," said Mary Beth Powers, campaign chief for Save the Children's Newborn and Child Survival Campaign. "While we appreciate the men and women who entertain and enlighten us, it's high time we recognize and celebrate the people who save our lives — health workers."
By some estimates, the world is short more than 5 million health workers, including 1 million frontline health workers. In the developing world, where well-equipped doctors and hospitals are scarce and distant for many people, frontline health workers are the first and often only point of contact to the health-care system for millions of people.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV