Additional Partner Endorsements
- Christopher Egerton-Warburton, GHIF Fund Manager: “GHIF joins the family of innovative financing mechanisms in global health. Although this is the first investment fund dedicated to global health R&D, we hope this will serve as a pilot for future funds of this type in global health and other sectors.”
- Charlotte Petri Gornitzka, Director General, Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida): “Sweden and Sida are excited to be part of this groundbreaking initiative where private capital is put to work for development. It shows the magnitude of results that can be reached when aid, business and philanthropy work hand in hand.”
- Dr. Norbert Kloppenburg, KfW Executive Board member: "Thanks to the Fund, more people will have access to improved health care—while at the same time a financial return will be generated for investors. The projects supported by the fund will improve the health status of many people, especially women and children, and will thus contribute to poverty alleviation."
- Dr. Moncef Slaoui, Chairman Vaccines and R&D, GlaxoSmithKline: “I am convinced the GHIF will be instrumental in helping bring cutting edge innovation and solutions to diseases of the developing world and this is one reason why we are participating. This collaboration demonstrates that with an innovative structure, a fund with a humanitarian focus can appeal to a broader range of investors.”
- Jeffrey A. Chodakewitz, MD, Vice President, Global Clinical Development, Merck: “As the first investment fund dedicated to global health R&D, GHIF has the potential to make a real impact on the health of underserved populations. The Fund’s unique ability to advance science while seeking to provide a reasonable return to investors aligns closely with Merck’s own commitment to discovering innovative solutions to the world’s greatest health challenges in a sustainable way.”
- Caroline Roan, President, The Pfizer Foundation: “We are proud to join an esteemed, diverse group of partners to further global health through this innovative funding source. The GHIF’s investments will expand access to health care, save lives and foster new possibilities for communities of people that grow from improved health. ”
- Jonas Ahlen, Investment Manager, Storebrand: "We are excited to be part of GHIF as it gives our clients exposure to a new and attractive investment class, while at the same time improving the lives of poor people. We are proud to contribute to global health access through this ground breaking transaction, and hope we can inspire other institutional investors to consider this sector."
For additional background on the Fund and the organizations involved, please visit www.GHIF.com .
This press release does not constitute an offer or solicitation with respect to interests in GHIF or any other securities. Offers and sales of interests in GHIF have not and will not be registered under the U.S. Securities Act and such interests may be sold only to accredited investors. Neither the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission nor any other regulatory authority has passed upon the merits of an investment in GHIF or the accuracy or adequacy of this press release. Interests in GHIF are not subject to the protections of the U.S. Investment Company Act of 1940.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .