10 Reasons To Love Fresh Hop Beer Season
Green Pig Fresh Hop Ale
Coalition Brewing in Portland, Ore.
Oh, to catch a $4 showing of Pacific Rim at the Laurelhurst Theater a block away while sipping a tumbler full of this bad boy.
Coalition's Green Pig embodies all the best parts about experimenting with fresh hops in a limited timeframe. Loaded more than 100 pounds of Cascade hops fresh from Crosby Hop Farm in Woodburn, Ore., and brewed in a tiny 10-barrel facility across from its single-car-garage-sized pub, Green Pig has a pleasantly sweet hop aroma with relatively moderate residual bitterness. This year, Coalition brewed up two batches using early harvest and late harvest hops, but at least one still holds onto its traditionally understated citrus flavor and distinctly floral scent.It's a rare opportunity to call a hop laden pale ale or IPA refreshing, but Green Pig has a habit of providing it every year around this time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV