10 Reasons To Love Fresh Hop Beer Season
Hoppopotamus Fresh Hop Ale
Silver Moon Brewing in Bend, Ore.
As is the case in Portland, there are any number of fresh hop beers to choose from in Bend.
10 Barrel Brewing filled its Crosby Fresh Hop with Centennial hops last year. Crux Fermentation Project loaded their Crystal Zwickel with Crystal Hops. Bend's biggest brewery, Deschutes, makes multiple fresh-hop beers each year (more on that later).What makes Silver Moon notable across all its beers, however, is its heavy handedness with its hops. The brewery brought a red ale to this year's Oregon Brewers Festival that was so bluntly hoppy compared to the more grapefruit-flavored fare dominating the OBF lineup that it spawned lines spanning half the width of the event grounds. Its 6.7% ABV fresh hop ale is no different. The flavor, aroma and bitterness comes from using only fresh Oregon Cascade hops across the board. Using fresh hops for bittering isn't exactly an easy thing to do, but Silver Moon comes through with a fruity, bitter flavor to match its overwhelmingly floral aroma. This is the beer most enthusiasts dream of when hearing the phrase "fresh hop." It's just seldom the one they receive.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV