BEVERLY, Mass., Sept. 20, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. (Nasdaq:ATNI) today announced that it has completed the sale of its domestic retail wireless business operated under the Alltel name to AT&T for approximately $780 million. Earlier today, the Federal Communications Commission announced its approval of the proposed sale.
"On behalf of the Company, I'd like to thank all of our employees for their commitment to the Alltel business and its customers," said Michael T. Prior, Chief Executive Officer. "They tackled many hard issues with skill and energy, and we wish them all success in the future. In addition to the continued operation of our remaining domestic and international businesses, we look forward to finding new opportunities to build value for our shareholders."
About Atlantic Tele-NetworkAtlantic Tele-Network, Inc. (Nasdaq:ATNI), headquartered in Beverly, Massachusetts, provides telecommunications services to rural, niche and other under-served markets and geographies in the United States, Bermuda and the Caribbean. Through our operating subsidiaries, we provide both wireless and wireline connectivity to residential and business customers, including a range of mobile wireless solutions, local exchange services and broadband internet services and are the owner and operator of terrestrial and submarine fiber optic transport systems. For more information, please visit www.atni.com .
CONTACT: Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. Michael T. Prior Chief Executive Officer 978-619-1300 Justin D. Benincasa Chief Financial Officer 978-619-1300
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV