Trade-Ideas: Weyerhaeuser (WY) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- WY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $137.9 million.
- WY is up 3.6% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WY: Weyerhaeuser Company, a forest products company, grows and harvests trees, builds homes, and manufactures forest products worldwide. It grows and harvests trees for use as lumber, other wood and building products, and pulp and paper. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.1%. WY has a PE ratio of 26.2. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Weyerhaeuser a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Weyerhaeuser has been 4.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Weyerhaeuser has a market cap of $16.6 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 1.25 and a short float of 1.4% with 1.67 days to cover. Shares are up 2.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Weyerhaeuser as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- WY's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- WEYERHAEUSER CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WEYERHAEUSER CO increased its bottom line by earning $0.72 versus $0.59 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.14 versus $0.72).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 135.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $84.00 million to $198.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $374.00 million or 40.07% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 5.46%.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Weyerhaeuser Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.