4. As of noon trading, Verizon Communications ( VZ) is down $0.60 (-1.2%) to $47.91 on average volume. Thus far, 8.2 million shares of Verizon Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $47.67-$48.59 after having opened the day at $48.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.51. Verizon Communications Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides communications, information and entertainment products and services to consumers, businesses, and governmental agencies worldwide. Verizon Communications has a market cap of $139.0 billion and is part of the telecommunications industry. Shares are up 12.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Verizon Communications a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Verizon Communications as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Verizon Communications Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts