North Carolina's Latest Disgrace: Iconic Airport Chief Fired at 72
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (TheStreet) -- It's not just North Carolina's right-wing Republicans who are wackily dismantling key components of the state's infrastructure.
While the Tea Party team in Raleigh exploits its newfound dominance of state government to destroy North Carolina's reputation as an enlightened, moderate beacon of the New South, the Democrats in Charlotte, the state's biggest city, are also busy, spitefully mismanaging the state's most important transportation asset.
Now it appears that Democrats in Washington, where former Charlotte Mayor Anthony Foxx took over as Transportation Secretary in July, are lending them a hand.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV