Each ad relates a United product or service feature to the word "friendly" – such as legroom-friendly, nonstop-friendly, and Wi-Fi-friendly – demonstrating how United delivers flyer-friendly options in many forms.
United developed the campaign with its global creative agency McGarryBowen. Horizon Media, Inc. managed the media investment.
Product & Service Investments
Since 2010, United has been delivering on its promise to build the world's leading airline, investing in its aircraft, airport facilities, reliability and customer service. The airline has:
- Completed installation of premium-cabin flat-bed seats on every scheduled long-haul international flight from the continental United States, with more aircraft offering flat-bed comfort and personal on-demand entertainment than any U.S. airline.
- Expanded Economy Plus seating to include nearly 800 aircraft, offering the world's largest number of extra-legroom economy seats and giving travelers more space to work and relax.
- Deployed Wi-Fi on nearly 100 aircraft to date, with some 30 aircraft being outfitted with satellite Wi-Fi each month and nearly all of United's worldwide fleet on schedule for completion in 2014.
- Increased overhead storage on most of the airline's 152 Airbus aircraft.
- Refitted most of the aircraft that fly on transcontinental "p.s." routes between New York Kennedy and Los Angeles and San Francisco with the latest cabins, premium-cabin flat-bed seats, and personal on-demand entertainment and Wi-Fi throughout the aircraft.
- Raised operational reliability, achieving on-time performance ratings in line with or exceeding industry averages, particularly in the last 12 months, as co-workers work together to deliver competitive performance.
- Invested in new customer service training programs for all of the airline's customer-contact employees, with nearly 90 percent of flight attendants, contact-center employees and airport-based employees having completed training programs in 2013 designed to help them find new ways to offer solutions to customers and better support each other.
- Opened a modern, new regional-aircraft terminal in Houston and outfitted jet-bridges at the airline's regional-jet terminal facilities in Chicago.
- Significantly upgraded United Club lounges in Chicago O'Hare terminal 2, Seattle and San Diego with improved amenities, modern interiors, more power outlets and complimentary snacks and Wi-Fi.
United Airlines and United Express operate an average of 5,341 flights a day to more than 360 airports across six continents. In 2012, United and United Express carried more passenger traffic than any other airline in the world and operated nearly two million flights carrying 140 million customers. United is investing in upgrading its onboard products and now offers more flat-bed seats in its premium cabins and more extra-legroom economy-class seating than any airline in
. In 2013, United became the first U.S.-based international carrier to offer satellite-based Wi-Fi on long-haul overseas routes. The airline also features DIRECTV® on 200 aircraft, offering customers more live television access than any other airline in the world. United operates nearly 700 mainline aircraft and has made large-scale investments in its fleet. In 2013, United will continue to modernize its fleet by taking delivery of more than two dozen new Boeing aircraft. The company expanded its industry-leading global route network in 2012, launching nine new international and 18 new domestic routes.
magazine awarded United Best Airline for North American Travel for 2012, and readers of
magazine have voted United's MileagePlus program the best frequent flyer program for nine consecutive years. According to the 4
annual Switchfly Reward Seat Availability Survey published by IdeaWorksCompany in
, United has the most saver-style award-seat availability among the largest U.S. global airlines. United is a founding member of
, which provides service to 195 countries via 28 member airlines. More than 85,000 United employees reside in every U.S. state and in countries around the world. For more information, visit
or follow United on
. The common stock of United's parent, United Continental Holdings, Inc., is traded on the NYSE under the symbol UAL.