CHICAGO, Sept. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today debuts its new brand campaign, featuring the iconic "Fly the Friendly Skies" tagline, reinterpreted for today's travelers.
The new campaign, United's biggest in more than a decade, is based on feedback from customers that "user-friendly" today means the combination of service, technology and product enhancements. United has designed its investments in its global route network, new aircraft, onboard features, customer service and digital channels to be "flyer-friendly."
The new television commercials and print ads are available at www.united.com/flyerfriendly."'Flyer-friendly' resonated in feedback from our customers and co-workers," said Tom O'Toole, United's senior vice president of marketing and loyalty and president of MileagePlus. "Our new brand campaign expresses the customer focus of all of United's investments." The new campaign includes network, cable and spot television, radio, magazine, newspaper, out-of-home and digital advertising, plus social media. All of the United co-workers shown in the advertising are actual United employees. Television Advertising The new television commercials feature Gershwin's classic "Rhapsody in Blue," the musical score for United since 1987, and are narrated by actor Matt Damon. They begin airing nationally on Sunday – including during NFL football, the PGA Tour Championship and the Emmy Awards – and continue throughout the week during the prime-time premieres of popular network shows like "Modern Family" and "Saturday Night Live." The first television spot, Orchestra, introduces "flyer-friendly" and features musicians playing "Rhapsody in Blue" while seated on a United aircraft. The spot showcases the space available in United BusinessFirst and United Economy Plus and in the airline's enlarged overhead bins, while spotlighting United co-workers in the cockpit and the cabin. A second spot, Taxi, shows drivers taking United customers to various airports around the world, displaying the breadth of United's global route network. A third, Built Around You, shows the features of United's cabins – extra-legroom Economy Plus seating, flat-bed seats in United BusinessFirst, in-seat power and seat-back in-flight entertainment – being configured around customers on board. The fourth, Satellite, highlights the company's global satellite Wi-Fi now on many aircraft and rolling out fleetwide, which offers customers access to in-flight Internet connectivity over the oceans and almost anywhere in the world where United flies. Print, Radio, Outdoor, Digital and Social Media In addition to the television advertising, the campaign features:
- Print ads that begin running in newspapers and magazines around the country this weekend.
- Radio ads in the airline's U.S. hub markets on news and sports radio stations.
- Out-of-home ads, including on billboards, airport boards and digital displays.
- Digital ads on a wide range of websites.
- Social media, including the United Hub and United's Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram channels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV