Independence Realty Trust, Inc. (“IRT”) (NYSE MKT: IRT) today announced that on September 19, 2013 IRT acquired an apartment community located in Cumberland, Indiana, a suburb of Indianapolis, for a purchase price of $13.25 million. This is IRT’s second acquisition within the Indianapolis market. IRT used a portion of the cash received from its August 2013 offering of its common stock to fund the purchase price.
The 354-unit community was constructed in 1970 and substantially renovated over the past three years. During this three year period, the previous owner invested more than $3.5 million into the property, which included upgrades to the unit interiors and common areas. The property consists of a mix of one, two, three and four-bedroom townhome and garden style-apartments. The average occupancy of the property at the time of the acquisition was 98%.
Scott Schaeffer, IRT’s Chairman and CEO, said, “We are excited to announce an acquisition shortly after IRT’s capital raise and the listing of IRT’s common stock. This is a stable apartment community with strong occupancy with the potential for further rent increases. The property is well-located within a supply-constrained sub-market and was acquired below replacement cost.”
About Independence Realty Trust, Inc.Independence Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE MKT: IRT) is a real estate investment trust that seeks to own well-located apartment properties in geographic submarkets that it believes support strong occupancy and the potential for growth in rental rates. IRT seeks to provide stockholders with attractive risk-adjusted returns, with an emphasis on distributions and capital appreciation. IRT is externally advised by a wholly-owned subsidiary of RAIT Financial Trust (NYSE: RAS).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV