B. Riley & Co. Acted As Sole Underwriter In $12.4 Million Underwritten Overnight Public Offering For EMCORE Corp. And Sole Underwriter In $6 Million Underwritten Public Offering For Arotech Corp.
LOS ANGELES, Sept. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- B. Riley & Co., LLC, (B. Riley) www.brileyco.com, a leading independent investment bank which provides a full array of corporate finance, research, sales and trading services announced that it has participated in the following transactions:
- Acted as sole underwriter in a $12,362,500 underwritten overnight public offering for EMCORE Corporation (NASDAQ: EMKR)
- Acted as sole underwriter in a $6,000,000 underwritten public offering for Arotech Corp. (NASDAQ: ARTX).
For EMCORE Corporation:
This offering represents the second sole managed transaction with EMCORE in the past twelve months. The offering, which was announced after the market closed on September 12, 2013, consisted of 2,875,000 shares of common stock, and included an overallotment of 375,000 shares which the underwriter exercised in full. B. Riley priced the offering prior to the market open on September 13, 2013 at $4.30 per share. The Company intends to use the proceeds of the offering for general corporate purposes. The offering closed on September 18, 2013 and was subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions.B. Riley's Chairman Bryant Riley and Managing Director Bradley Nii led the banking team for this transaction. "We continue to be impressed with B. Riley's execution capabilities in the equity markets on our behalf," said Hong Hou, EMCORE's Chief Executive Officer. "B. Riley has proven to be a valuable resource to EMCORE." Albuquerque-based EMCORE offers a broad portfolio of compound semiconductor-based products for the fiber optics and solar power markets. EMCORE's Fiber Optics business segment provides optical components, subsystems and systems for high-speed telecommunications, Cable Television (CATV) and Fiber-To-The-Premise (FTTP) networks, as well as products for satellite communications, video transport and specialty photonics technologies for defense and homeland security applications. EMCORE's Solar Photovoltaics business segment provides products for space power applications including high-efficiency multi-junction solar cells, Covered Interconnect Cells (CICs) and complete satellite solar panels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV