SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) named Coriell Life Sciences and OnFarm the winners of its North American SmartCamp event in Silicon Valley. Part of the company's Global Entrepreneur Program, SmartCamps are designed to identify and support startup companies developing innovative solutions using cloud, big data, analytics, mobile and social technologies.
The winners were selected by a panel of judges consisting of venture capitalists, serial entrepreneurs and business and technology experts.
Coriell Life Sciences helps medical professionals use DNA and gene sequencing in real-world situations to better treat patients. The company's technology empowers doctors by delivering an easy to understand report that shows how well a given drug will work based on an individual's DNA.OnFarm provides analytics and insights on key agriculture fundamentals that help farmers make better decisions about their crops. The average U.S. farm has five or six siloed systems they are trying to use for decision making. By combining that data into one dashboard, growers can save water, energy and fertilizer while producing higher quality crops. The IBM Global Entrepreneur Program has proven to be a valuable incubator for IT startups. Past SmartCamp participants have now raised more than $115 million in venture capital funding while rapidly expanding their business. In addition, several companies have gone on to bring new offerings to market with IBM. There is a growing network of startups working with IBM to help build a smarter planet with innovative solutions in areas such as healthcare, energy, transportation and commerce. From product creation to sales and expansion, IBM works with startup companies throughout all phases of development. Startups working with IBM receive ongoing coaching, access to technology, mentorship and connections to venture capitalists, clients and partners.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV