ASHLAND, Neb., Sept. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MathAlive! ®, a highly interactive traveling exhibition that has drawn record-breaking attendance across the United States by inviting visitors to experience math in action, opens Saturday, Sept. 21, at the Strategic Air & Space Museum in Ashland, Neb. Presented nationally by Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN), this featured exhibition will run through Jan. 5, 2014.
The 5,000 square-foot MathAlive! exhibition is composed of 40 unique and interactive experiences across six themed galleries that take math into the applied worlds of design, engineering, technology and science. In each gallery, high-tech, mechanical and multimedia interactive experiences provide challenges that use various types of mathematics as tools to help visitors compete, design, build and play.
"Raytheon is committed to inspiring the next generation of innovators," said Pamela Erickson, vice president of Corporate Affairs for Raytheon. "We're excited to partner with the Strategic Air & Space Museum to show students how math and science drive the world around them."
MathAlive! is Raytheon's latest response to the national imperative to improve students' math proficiency. Leaders in business, government and academia have expressed concern over the nation's ability to develop tomorrow's technical talent, required to fuel innovation, assure American competitiveness and drive economic growth.To secure the pipeline of future technologists and innovators, students must be shown the relevance of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) to their everyday lives and future careers. "This innovative exhibit responds to the national movement toward greater focus on STEM development and STEM career awareness," said Scott Tarry, president and chief executive officer of the Strategic Air & Space Museum. "By engaging kids in fun, math-based activities, the content can inspire students to make math a priority, reaching them in that window of vulnerability when math gets more challenging and kids begin to lose interest. I'm confident that the exhibit and related hands-on activities will ignite the thrill of innovation and discovery for all those who visit the museum." At MathAlive! visitors can:
- Design and play their own video games.
- Take the controls to "master-engineer" various aspects of a modern city.
- Race in a Boardercross challenge.
- Compete in a mountain-bike race.
- Capture their image in a 360-degree freeze action photo.
- Control a simulated Mars rover.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV