Covidien (NYSE: COV), a leading global supplier of healthcare products, donated $50,000 in support of relief efforts in flood-damaged communities in Colorado. All of its 1,850 employees in Colorado are safe and its offices in Boulder are undamaged and operational.
Covidien is working closely with local and national disaster relief organizations to support the humanitarian aid effort including Foothills, Larimer and Weld United Way organizations, the Longmont Community Foundation, Colorado Red Cross, AmeriCares and Direct Relief. The Company has provided corporate grants totaling $50,000 and will match employee contributions to local relief efforts. Additionally, the Company is donating products and supporting employee volunteer activities in impacted areas.
“Collaboration and compassion are core values at our Company and it is our responsibility to respond to the tremendous devastation in the region impacting many communities,” said José (Joe) E. Almeida, Chairman, President and CEO. “We recognize the relief efforts are just beginning, but Covidien will continue to offer assistance through both our Company’s contributions and the efforts of our employees.”
Covidien’s manufacturing and commercial facilities in Boulder account for more than 10 percent of Covidien's employee base in the U.S.ABOUT COVIDIEN Covidien is a leading global healthcare products company that creates innovative medical solutions for better patient outcomes and delivers value through clinical leadership and excellence. Covidien manufactures, distributes and services a diverse range of industry-leading products in medical devices and supplies. With 2012 revenue of $9.9 billion, Covidien has 38,000 employees worldwide in 70 countries, and its products are sold in over 140 countries. Please visit www.covidien.com to learn more about our business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV