NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The Federal Reserve extended its stimulus program on Wednesday, saying the economy has improved only gradually. U.S. auto sales, though, have been zooming.
U.S. auto sales have reached multiyear highs, which has implications for financial markets as seen below.
The first chart is of First Trust NASDAQ Global Auto Index (CARZ). The index reached yearly highs, thanks to strong domestic and global demand.
The European economy has vastly improved since Europe's debt crisis, and strong sentiment surrounding the region has pushed European equity indexes to record highs.The recovery of U.S. and European consumer spending should continue to push auto indexes higher, and the strong uptrend represented by the chart below shows no sign of a major pullback. The next chart is of ETFS Physical Palladium Shares (PALL). Palladium is considered a precious metal, known as a less expensive version of platinum. As a precious metal with industrial properties, it generally trades alongside most other metals such as gold. Follow @AndrewSachais This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV