'First-in-man' Implant Of Regenerative Cell Therapy In Parkinson's Disease
The scientific basis for the Phase I clinical trial in humans was established from the published preclinical trial of NTCELL(R) in a non-human primate model of Parkinson's disease. The preclinical results indicate that NTCELL can protect and regenerate brain tissue that would otherwise be lost, potentially delaying or even preventing the effects of Parkinson's disease.
"Unlike current therapy options for Parkinson's disease, NTCELL may be neuroprotective and offers people living with the disease the hope of being able to halt disease progression and restore quality of life," says Dr Grant.
LCT and Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory (OPF) are co-developing NTCELL as a treatment for Parkinson's disease. Under the agreement, LCT has already received an A$3m cash payment and OPF is funding all of the research and development costs associated with the Phase I clinical trial, estimated at AU$2.1m. In addition, LCT will receive a second cash payment of AU$2m provided the DSMB authorise the remaining three implants later in the year.
For further information: www.lctglobal.comSOURCE Living Cell Technologies
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV