Aterra Investments Acquires Units Of Atico Mining Corporation
TORONTO, Sept. 19, 2013 /CNW/ - Aterra Investments Limited ("Aterra") announces that on September 19, 2013, pursuant to a brokered and unbrokered private placement by Atico Mining Corporation ("Atico"), Aterra acquired 8,900,000 units of Atico (the "Units") at a price of $0.45 per unit. Each Unit consists of one common share in the capital of the Atico and one-half of one common share purchase warrant (each whole warrant, a "Unit Warrant"). Each Unit Warrant may be exercised to acquire one common share at a price of $0.65 per share until September 19, 2015. The 8,900,000 common shares forming part of the Units acquired by Aterra (the "Unit Shares") represent approximately 9.3% of the approximately 95.7 million issued and outstanding common shares of Atico immediately upon the completion of the private placement.
Prior to its purchase of the Units, Aterra owned 2,004,462 common shares of Atico and warrants to purchase an additional 769,231 common shares. If Aterra were to fully exercise all of its Unit Warrants and previously acquired warrants, and assuming no other issuances of common shares by Atico at or prior to such time, then taking into account the common shares acquired upon such exercise, the Unit Shares and its previously acquired shares, Aterra would beneficially own an aggregate of 16,123,693 common shares, representing approximately 16.0% of the then outstanding common shares.
Aterra acquired the Units for investment purposes and continues to monitor the business, prospects, financial condition and potential capital requirements of Atico. Depending on its evaluation of these and other factors, Aterra may from time to time in the future increase or decrease its ownership, control or direction over the common shares or other securities of Atico through market transactions, private agreements, subscriptions from treasury or otherwise.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV