ROE = (net income / sales) * (sales / assets) * (assets / shareholder's equity)
By looking at low P/E ratios combined with encouraging DuPont breakdowns, we can get a better sense of which stocks are soaring, but also might be trading at something close to their fair value. We were left with four companies on our list.
Click on the interactive chart to see data over time.
These stocks have had a good year, but is there room for more growth? Use the interactive list below to begin your own analysis. 1. Dollar General Corporation (DG): Operates as a discount retailer of general merchandise in the southern, southwestern, midwestern, and eastern United States. Market cap at $18.81B, most recent closing price at $57.92. MRQ net profit margin at 5.59% vs. 5.42% y/y. MRQ sales/assets at 0.411 vs. 0.391 y/y. MRQ assets/equity at 2.045 vs. 2.1 y/y. 2. The Kroger Co. (KR): Operates as a retailer in the United States. Market cap at $20.89B, most recent closing price at $40.56. MRQ net profit margin at 1.4% vs. 1.28% y/y. MRQ sales/assets at 0.928 vs. 0.923 y/y. MRQ assets/equity at 5.048 vs. 6.211 y/y.
3. Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. (SNI): Operates as a lifestyle content and Internet search company in the United States and internationally. Market cap at $11.5B, most recent closing price at $78.18. MRQ net profit margin at 24.01% vs. 23.69% y/y. MRQ sales/assets at 0.163 vs. 0.163 y/y. MRQ assets/equity at 2.234 vs. 2.508 y/y.
4. Whirlpool Corp. (WHR): Engages in the manufacture and marketing of home appliances worldwide. Market cap at $11.95B, most recent closing price at $149.81. MRQ net profit margin at 4.17% vs. 2.51% y/y. MRQ sales/assets at 0.311 vs. 0.309 y/y. MRQ assets/equity at 3.36 vs. 3.467 y/y.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV