Stock Symbol: AEM (NYSE and TSX)
(All amounts expressed in U.S. dollars unless otherwise noted)
Sept. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -
Agnico Eagle Mines Limited (TSX and NYSE: AEM) ("Agnico Eagle" or the "Company") today announced development updates for its La India Mine in
Sonora, Mexico, and the Goldex Mine in northwestern
- La India commissioning in progress - mining and pad loading are now underway with initial leaching expected to begin in October 2013. Commercial production is anticipated in the first quarter of 2014.
- Mining and milling resumes at Goldex - Underground mining has started on the M and E zones, two of the several previously undeveloped satellite zones. The first gold pour is expected in October 2013, and the project remains on track to produce 15,000 ounces of gold in 2013. Mining remains suspended in the Goldex Extension Zone (GEZ).
"The La India and Goldex mines have both started up ahead of schedule. These two operations are expected to be significant contributors to the growth of our production profile over the next two years" said
, President and Chief Executive Officer. "Efforts are also underway to evaluate opportunities to further enhance production at both operations".
La India - Commissioning underway; Initial leaching to begin in October
The La India mine in
, located approximately 70 kilometres from the Company's Pinos Altos mine, was acquired in
from Grayd Resources along with a 56,000 hectare land position in the prolific Mulatos Gold belt. Design, permitting, construction and start-up of the La India mine have been completed within 22 months of acquisition.
The operation is an open pit, heap leach mine with a stripping ratio of approximately 1:1. The mining rate is expected to be approximately 16,000 tonnes per day (tpd), using 777 haul trucks (90-tonne) and 992 loaders, which is the equipment used at the Company's Pinos Altos and Creston Mascota operations.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts