Target Corp. (NYSE: TGT) announced today it will donate $25,000 in monetary support and merchandise to assist with flood relief efforts in Colorado. The donation includes a $20,000 cash donation to the American Red Cross. Local Target stores have also donated $5,000 in food, bottled water, infant formula and diapers to first responders and the community as needed.
“As our communities in Colorado begin to recover from these massive floods, our team stands shoulder to shoulder with our neighbors in the area,” said Gregg Steinhafel, Chairman, President and CEO, Target. “To aid local recovery responses we will donate product and funds and make sure our stores closest to the disaster area are able to offer needed supplies.”
All Target stores remain open.
In addition, this year Target has given $500,000 to the American Red Cross as part of the nonprofit’s Annual Disaster Giving Program. Target teams spend countless hours preparing for disasters of any magnitude and will continue to help communities across the country before, during and after a crisis.About Target Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT) serves guests at 1,870 stores – 1,788 in the United States and 82 in Canada – and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit through community grants and programs; today, that giving equals more than $4 million a week. For more information about Target’s commitment to corporate responsibility, visit target.com/corporateresponsibility. For more information, visit Target.com/Pressroom.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV