3 Stocks Pushing The Energy Industry Lower
2. As of noon trading, PetroChina ( PTR) is down $2.67 (-2.3%) to $112.56 on heavy volume. Thus far, 216,160 shares of PetroChina exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 182,800 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $112.38-$115.24 after having opened the day at $115.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $115.23. PetroChina Company Limited produces and sells oil and gas in the People's Republic of China. The company operates in four segments: Exploration and Production, Refining and Chemicals, Marketing, and Natural Gas and Pipeline. PetroChina has a market cap of $206.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are down 21.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate PetroChina a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates PetroChina as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, attractive valuation levels, growth in earnings per share and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full PetroChina Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts