The law firm of Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP announces that it is investigating potential federal securities claims against Expedia, Inc. (“Expedia” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: EXPE), and certain of its officers and directors in connection with the issuance of allegedly false and misleading statements regarding the Company’s business and prospects, particularly with respect to the impact that its 2011 split into two publicly-traded companies and resultant spin-off of TripAdvisor would have on its revenues and profits.
On July 25, 2013, after the close of trading, Expedia issued a press release announcing its second quarter 2013 financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2013. The Company’s second-quarter 2013 profit fell to $71.5 million from $105.2 million the prior year. Overall, bookings rose only 13%, well below the 19% surge the Company posted during second-quarter 2012. The Company also lowered its guidance for its 2013 adjusted earnings, predicting growth in the mid to high single digits.
On this news, on July 26, 2013, the price of Expedia common stock fell 27%, representing a decrease in the Company’s market capitalization.
Wolf Haldenstein has been representing individual and institutional investors for many years, serving as lead counsel in numerous cases in United States federal and state courts. Please visit the Wolf Haldenstein website ( http://www.whafh.com) for more information about the firm.Please contact us no later than October 28, 2013 if you own Expedia common stock and wish to discuss this matter with us, or have any questions concerning your rights and interests: Gregory M. NespoleWolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP270 Madison AvenueNew York, New York 10016 Phone Numbers:(800) 575-0735(212) 545-4600 Email: Classmember@whafh.com or Nespole@whafh.com and please reference “Expedia Investigation”. Attorney Advertising
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV