LAFAYETTE, La., Sept. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MidSouth Bancorp, Inc. (NYSE MKT: MSL) ("MidSouth" or the "Company") today announced that Jake Delhomme has been appointed to the Board of Directors of its subsidiary, MidSouth Bank, effective Sept. 18, 2013.
The retired NFL Pro Bowl quarterback, 38, has served as an advisory board member since May of last year.
The appointment brings the number of MidSouth Bank directors to 14. Delhomme is currently a member of the Director's Loan Committee, which provides key leadership to the bank by thinking as an owner in managing credit, interest rates, liquidity, compliance, and reputation risk."Jake's association with the bank in an advisory capacity over the past year and a half has been mutually beneficial," MidSouth Bank Board Chairman Will Charbonnet said in announcing the new director. "He has mentored young bankers, instilling a strong work ethic in them, and in turn has been mentored by our veteran board members, which is among the many reasons the bank wanted to formalize his association with the board. We are pleased this well-respected individual has accepted this new role with our growing financial institution." The former UL Lafayette standout was signed by the New Orleans Saints as an undrafted free agent in the 1997 NFL Draft. In 2003 he signed with the Carolina Panthers and was the starting quarterback from 2003 to 2009, breaking multiple franchise records and leading the Panthers to Super Bowl XXXVIII in 2003. He went on to earn the starting quarterback position for the Cleveland Browns in 2010 but was sidelined with an injury, leading to the final step in his professional athletic career with the Houston Texans in 2011, where he was a veteran backup QB.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV