The Supplier Diversity Development Council (SDDC) of New Jersey has recognized New Jersey American Water for maintaining and expanding diversity in its vendor contracting. New Jersey American Water President William Varley accepted SDDC’s Outstanding Commitment Award at the group’s Annual Conference in Trenton.
New Jersey American Water’s Supply Chain team was honored for increasing spending with businesses owned by minorities, women or disabled veterans by 156 percent and for including a diverse business in all of the company’s requests for proposal. The SDDC lauded the company for “sustained commitment and success in achieving economic growth with diverse businesses.”
“We are grateful to the SDDC for this honor,” said Varley. “From a business standpoint, developing partnerships with a diversity of suppliers helps New Jersey American Water run an efficient business and receive outstanding products and services. It makes sense operationally and it is the right thing to do.”
New Jersey American Water, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK) is the largest investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately 2.5 million people. Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs approximately 6,700 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 14 million people in more than 30 states, as well as parts of Canada. More information can be found by visiting www.amwater.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV