NEW YORK, Sept. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), a leading global provider of digital imagery, announced today 26 finalists for Shutterstock Stories, a creative grant program that will award a total of $75,000 to artists around the world.
"This program has given our contributors the chance to share the stories behind their work with the world," said VP Content Scott Braut. "The scope of creativity and quality of the submissions we received is truly inspiring."
Over the coming weeks, one $25,000 grand prize and five $5,000 winners will be selected by a panel of creative experts. The general public may also vote for a People's Choice winner on Shutterstock's new blog now through Monday, September 30 at 12pm EST. The diverse group of finalists includes:
- Africa – Osei Owusu Banahene, Filmmaker
- Asia – Varvara Gorbash, Illustrator; Vladimir Kurilov, Filmmaker; Vladimir Serov, Photographer/Illustrator
- Europe – Maaike Boot, Illustrator; Franck Camhi, Photographer; Claudio Giovenzana, Filmmaker; Kateryna Iatsushek, Illustrator; Eric Isselee, Photographer/Filmmaker; Ben Jacobson, Filmmaker; Urszula Lysionek, Photographer; Maria Ponomareva, Photographer/Illustrator; Paul Prescott, Photographer/Illustrator; Rene Sedney, Photographer; Daniel Talson, Filmmaker
- North America – Ryan Bolton, Photographer/Filmmaker; Elliot Burlingham, Filmmaker; Fernando Gregory, Photographer; Liudmila Horvath, Illustrator; Peter Kovacs, Photographer; Jim Lambert, Photographer; Aff Marshall, Photographer/Filmmaker; Michael Pettigrew, Photographer; Susan Schmitz, Photographer; Jaren Wickllund, Photographer
- South America – Beto Chagas, Photographer
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts