Sept. 19, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), a leading global provider of
, announced today 26 finalists for
, a creative
that will award a total of
to artists around the world.
"This program has given our contributors the chance to share the stories behind their work with the world," said VP Content Scott Braut. "The scope of creativity and quality of the submissions we received is truly inspiring."
Over the coming weeks, one
grand prize and five
winners will be selected by a panel of creative experts. The general public may also vote for a People's Choice winner on Shutterstock's
Monday, September 30
. The diverse group of finalists includes:
- Africa – Osei Owusu Banahene, Filmmaker
- Asia – Varvara Gorbash, Illustrator; Vladimir Kurilov, Filmmaker; Vladimir Serov, Photographer/Illustrator
- Europe – Maaike Boot, Illustrator; Franck Camhi, Photographer; Claudio Giovenzana, Filmmaker; Kateryna Iatsushek, Illustrator; Eric Isselee, Photographer/Filmmaker; Ben Jacobson, Filmmaker; Urszula Lysionek, Photographer; Maria Ponomareva, Photographer/Illustrator; Paul Prescott, Photographer/Illustrator; Rene Sedney, Photographer; Daniel Talson, Filmmaker
- North America – Ryan Bolton, Photographer/Filmmaker; Elliot Burlingham, Filmmaker; Fernando Gregory, Photographer; Liudmila Horvath, Illustrator; Peter Kovacs, Photographer; Jim Lambert, Photographer; Aff Marshall, Photographer/Filmmaker; Michael Pettigrew, Photographer; Susan Schmitz, Photographer; Jaren Wickllund, Photographer
- South America – Beto Chagas, Photographer
, the panel of judges includes Brazilian street artist
, Academy Award®-Winning film producer
Geralyn White Dreyfous
, top Shutterstock contributor
and Shutterstock Founder/CEO
. All grant recipients will be announced on
Tuesday, October 8
Shutterstock is a leading global provider of
high-quality licensed photographs
to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world.
Shutterstock works closely with its growing contributor community of photographers, videographers, illustrators and designers to curate a global marketplace for
. Shutterstock adds tens of thousands of rights-cleared images each week, and with more than 28 million images currently available, the company recently surpassed 300-million all time paid downloads.
New York City
, Shutterstock also owns
, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a
high-end image collection
; and Skillfeed, an online
marketplace for learning
For more information, please visit
, and follow Shutterstock on
SOURCE Shutterstock Inc.