DETROIT, Sept. 19, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- A study conducted by Porter Research and sponsored by Covisint, a Compuware (Nasdaq:CPWR) company, revealed the deep and industry-wide changes dramatically impacting healthcare. The study, titled Healthcare Industry Reaches Tipping Point: CIOs Now Demand the Cloud for Shared Savings and Interoperability, noted in particular the growing importance of and confidence in the cloud, and it provides healthcare's C-levels and care delivery professionals with trending insight important to their jobs, organizations and industry.
" Healthcare is changing with a vengeance, and companies who excel at improving the cost and quality of care will benefit from these findings," said Cynthia Porter, President of Porter Research. "We set out to determine where the true, industry game-changers were, and the results were eye-popping. For instance, how revealing was it that 58 percent of the nation's leading healthcare execs place a high importance in cloud-based technologies even though the industry is still greater than 70 percent paper-based?"
Some of the study's key findings, include:
- One-third of electronic medical records (EMRs) lack critical population health management and reporting capabilities;
- Isolated manual communication processes remain high despite the desire for a more integrated and automated workflow experience;
- Accountable care (shared savings) is on the radar, although actual implementation is low; and, among others,
- Healthcare now trusts cloud computing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV