Today Comcast Business announced new capabilities for Business VoiceEdge™, a cloud-based PBX solution for SMBs, that extends its unified communications (UC) and video calling features to today’s increasingly distributed and mobile workforce. Now users can benefit from having their UC features easily managed from their iOS- or Android-based mobile phone.
Comcast Business VoiceEdge mobile app is available now for Android and iOS. (Photo: Business Wire)
Widely available across 39 states over Comcast’s fully managed IP network, Business VoiceEdge recently earned Comcast Business the #1 position for the second consecutive year in the Infonetics 2013 North America Business VoIP Service Leadership Scorecard.
“As organizations continue to integrate cloud computing and bring-your-own-device (BYOD) into the work place, there is an increasing need for mobile solutions that will deliver unified communications across today’s agile workforce,” said Diane Myers, Principal Analyst, VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research. “Implementing a mobile work environment will enable today’s distributed workforce to communicate, collaborate, and deliver better customer service, and in turn provide organizations with increased productivity, reduced costs and an improved business processes.”
The following new capabilities are available now for current and new Business VoiceEdge customers:
- VoiceEdge mobile application – Available as a free download for iOS and Android operating systems, the mobile app provides an easy-to-use interface to manage business voicemail and “Be Anywhere” features that allow business calls to be answered from virtually any phone, anywhere.
- Teleworker – Business VoiceEdge can be installed at an employee’s home office, providing the same voice capabilities at home that they have in the office.
- Softphone – Available for PC or Mac, this application allows users to make and receive phone calls directly from their computer using their business phone number. When used in conjunction with a video camera, it also enables video calling.
- Video calling – This capability enables point-to-point HD-quality video calls for Business VoiceEdge phones with a built-in camera, or built-in or external cameras used in conjunction with the Business VoiceEdge softphone. Customers can easily add video during a phone call with the press of a button.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV