Vivendi's agreement to sell its Activision stake is part of a disposal program that is repositioning the French conglomerate as a pure-play media group. Vivendi has also sold a majority stake in Maroc Telecom SA and last week announced that it will split its supervisory board in preparation for a spinoff of French telecommunications unit Société Francaise du Radiotelephone SA, or SFR.
Shares in Vivendi traded Thursday morning in Paris at ¿17.59 ($23.83), up ¿0.14, or less than 1% on their Wednesday close.
--Written by Paul Whitfield In Paris
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV