NEW YORK, Sept. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ING U.S. Investment Management, one of the largest target-date managers in the U.S., announced today that its series of target-date collective trusts has surpassed $1 billion in assets coinciding with its three-year anniversary. ING U.S. Investment Management, which manages approximately $10 billion in target-date assets, launched the ING Target Solution Collective Trust Series at the beginning of 2010 to bring its innovative portfolio design and collective trust vehicle to the large defined contribution market segment.
The ING Target Solution Collective Trust Series is comprised of nine trusts corresponding to nine retirement target dates commencing with 2015 and ending with 2055. In addition, there is a trust series designed as an investment option for retired individuals.
"We are very pleased with the reception our Target Solution Collective Trust Series has received in the marketplace," said Bas NieuweWeme, managing director and head of Institutional Distribution at ING U.S. Investment Management. "Given the continued popularity of target-date solutions, we believe it is imperative to offer the market the most effective design to meet the needs of plan participants to advance their state of retirement readiness. Crossing the $1 billion threshold in collective trust assets soon after the Series reached its three-year anniversary underscores the significant benefits it brings to defined contribution plan investing."
ING U.S. Investment Management's combined target-date strategies offer a number of elements that represent a favorable portfolio design for DC plan clients:
- Open architecture. The trusts incorporate both proprietary and non-proprietary funds.
- Broad diversification. The portfolios invest in a broad range of traditional and alternative asset classes to provide diversification, global market exposure and access to alpha opportunities across investment categories and geographies.
- An active/passive blend. By mixing active and passive investment strategies the portfolios can draw on the skills of a variety of proven institutional asset managers in pursuit of cost-effective alpha.
- Participant-centric glide path design. The portfolios are designed to maximize wealth accumulation early in a participant's career while substantially reducing the potential for significant loss near retirement.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts