OWINGS MILLS, Md., Sept. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Medifast, Inc. (NYSE: MED) (the "Company"), a leading United States manufacturer and provider of clinically proven, portion-controlled weight-loss products and programs, entered into a settlement with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") related to the restatement of certain items in the Company's previously issued financial statements for 2006 through 2009. Under the settlement, the Company, without admitting or denying the SEC's findings, consented to the entry of a cease-and-desist order and agreed to pay a civil penalty of $200,000. In determining to accept the settlement, the SEC considered remedial acts undertaken by the Company, including retention of additional executive management and accounting personnel and the enhancement of internal controls.
Medifast (NYSE: MED) is the leading easy-to-use, clinically proven, portion-controlled weight-loss program. The company sells its products and programs via four unique distribution channels: 1) the web and national call centers, 2) the Take Shape For Life personal coaching division, 3) Medifast Weight Control Centers, and 4) a national network of physicians. Medifast was founded in 1980 and is located in Owings Mills, Maryland. For more information, log onto www.MedifastNow.com.MED-G SOURCE Medifast, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV