Today, Rackspace ® Hosting (NYSE: RAX), the open cloud company, launched the first ever on demand e-learning training course, added four new classroom-based courses and established a training partner program to expand its industry leading Rackspace Training for OpenStack program. The program is a multi-course curriculum designed to expand worldwide adoption of OpenStack technology.
“As the founder of OpenStack, Rackspace recognizes the need for comprehensive educational courses and delivery models and is fundamentally revolutionizing OpenStack training to include a Certified Training Partner Program and on demand e-learning course,” Tony Campbell, director of training and certification for OpenStack at Rackspace. “We are thrilled with the momentum that the Rackspace Training for OpenStack program has had over the past year, and we are proud to expand the scope of the program and provide individuals with the necessary skills to secure OpenStack related jobs.”
On Demand E-learning, OpenStack Fundamentals Course
Customers will soon have the flexibility to learn how to use and deploy an OpenStack-powered cloud in a self-paced environment with the new on demand e-learning version of the Rackspace Training for OpenStack course, OpenStack Fundamentals. This new offer is now open for pre-registration and will be generally available to the public in October. Once generally available, the course can be accessed at any time online and offers students the convenience of taking OpenStack Fundamentals at their own pace.Additional Classroom-based Courses To enhance the industry’s most comprehensive OpenStack training curriculum, Rackspace is adding four new classroom-based training courses to its current training offering which includes the OpenStack certification program as well as the private and public training classes. The new courses include:
- OpenStack Networking – Neutron – Students learn how to use Neutron to provide a virtual Networking-as-a-Service between interface devices and allows the student to utilize an API to build and configure networking infrastructure
- Building Cloudy Apps – Students learn how to build applications that are “cloud aware,” using Python to explore the concept of horizontal scaling, advantages of APIs and the skills needed to benefit a DevOps organization
- Security in the Cloud – Students learn how to develop and apply security safeguards to each virtual layer of an OpenStack environment
- Hadoop on OpenStack – Introduces students to the big data processing platform, Apache Hadoop, its components and deployments in an OpenStack cloud
- New Horizons – The world’s largest independent IT training company, with more than 300 locations in 70 countries.
- Skyline Advanced Technology Services – A leading provider of training, professional services and hardware for all Cisco systems’ products.
- Intelligent Cloud Technologies (ICT) – A cloud IT brand in China implementing the latest cloud-based technologies, performing various R&D and delivering IT technical training.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts